VE Test Session – Field Day 2023
June 24 @ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PMFree
We will be administering VE Test session for new and upgraded amateur radio licenses administered under the Laurel VEC. Exam sessions given under this VEC are free of cost. Please see below for additional details of the test session.
What to Bring
- A photo ID. Children without photo IDs may be tested providing that they can prove their identity to the satisfaction of the LARC VEC Team Leader.
- If upgrading your license, a copy of your current, signed, amateur radio operator’s license.
- The original and a copy of any document on which you will be relying to prove element credit. These documents may include:
- A Technician license (Original and/or a photocopy) granted prior to March 21, 1987 Element Credit: Element 3.
- An expired and subsequently cancelled General class license. Element credit: Element 3.
- An expired and subsequently cancelled Advanced class license. Element credit: Element 3.
- An expired and subsequently cancelled Amateur Extra class license. Element credit: Elements 3 and 4.
- A letter from the FCC confirming that you previously held a specific class of license for which you will be given credit for the Element 3 exams.
- An unexpired Certificate of Successful Completion of Exam (CSCE) indicating the credit(s) earned
- A positive attitude and some patience. The folks administering the exams are dedicated volunteers. They will do their best to get you tested, your exam graded, inform you of the results, and if applicable, prepare and present to you a certificate stating you have earned a license or an upgrade as quickly as possible.